Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Be Content

Be content
So its early Sunday morning and I'm off in dreamland.
And I hear A.J. crawl up in my bed. And then it happens that horrible sound. Bleeeeech! Vomit all over my bed.
Gross.
My husband,sweet as he is when conscious, wakes up startled and can't figure out what to do next and I'm already stripping the bed.
Then A.J.,poor guy, so weak lays his head down in the middle of it!
Now I wanna vomit.
Aaron comes to his senses and starts moving A.J. toward the shower.
He gets in and I continue to strip the bed
And my husband makes coffee, my hero!
Aj gets cleaned off he's still crying we get new jammies on him and we sit down on the couch take a sip of my coffee
And the alarm goes off.
What else to do but laugh.
And so the day begins
We get Abbey and Cole up and get them ready for church
I stay home with A.J. and spoil him with cuddle time and as much tv as he wants
He totally gets off the hook for any therapy at home today.
I probably did 8 loads of laundry and bleached every surface possible.
By the time Aaron and the kids got home A.J. had puked 3 more times we had went thru 4 pairs of pajamas (including my change) and the house had that sicky bleach smell.
I know what youre thinking..."Man, I wish I had her life. The glitz, the glamour. She's got it all!"
And you would be right I do have it all. When we went to bed that night I thought about how lucky I am. I have a husband who loves me, I mean truly loves me. I have 3 of the most beautiful children God ever put on this earth. I have a home filled with memories and laughter. I have a God who loves me in spite of all my flaws and moments of unbelief. I have a God who has never let me down and who loved me enough to teach me a lesson about contentment.
I took a long time to get here. I had to lay down alot of unforgiveness, guilt, resentment, and anger. But what is left is pure joy. I am content with who I am, what I do, and what I have.
Several months ago, God spoke in my spirit to be content with where I was and what I was doing. I had just received news of some income loss which resulted in having to let go of my part time nanny which resulted in my ability to be apart of the adult working world which I dearly loved which we resulted in me back to being a stay at home mommy which at the time I didn't love. I know some would think thats an awful thing to say, but I said it.
Being content with where I was made me angry. "Don't you know I love to work? Don't you know I'm good at what I do?" were questions I often asked in anger to God.
I resented staying home, often repeating this phrase, "I was made for more than this," as I wiped down the same counter I wiped yesterday. I did not want to be content with where I was and I was angry. But God had determined to teach me a lesson about contentment and joy. And I'm glad he did.
The truth is I will never reach the full capacity of what God has in store for my future until I accept where he has me in the present.
Not only do I now accept it, I embrace it. I'm not asking how much longer do I have to do this, now I'm saying how thankful I am for every second of it.
I am content.

2 comments:

  1. awesome post, Jill... it's so great to hear how God's working in your life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully said, dear Cinderella. You've captured the essence of contentment and it shows in your acceptance of what God is doing with you. God has such a wonders in store for you!

    ReplyDelete